I'd like to start by commending those who've had the fortitude to stick with their original character or one alternate removed from the original. Impressive. I think it's safe to say the campaign plots have really shaped around you, considering I've had the most opportunities to work with your characters. I also find your characters incredibly rich and relevant to the campaign, organic, and having gone beyond fun, initial concepts into three dimensional people. Of course, for relatively new players only a few sessions deep, this will come in time, and I urge you to stick with your main character through thick and thin, allowing them to change. It's how to get the most from your roleplaying experience.
So in light of that, I'm changing the policy on alternate characters. I really enjoy seeing a character develop, even when its hard, even when the character isn't going in expected directions. That's what it's all about. That's how you know you've stopped playing dolls and started roleplaying. I may be coming off a little harsh, but the characters you're playing at the end of tonight will become your new main characters, and you'll only be allowed one alternate afterward for the rest of the campaign. It's fairly late in the campaign at level 12 and with six months left in the game I don't think I'm being unfair by saying look, stick with a person so they can be meaningful.
I've enjoyed the variety of people come and go in the group, but now I'm looking for a core group that will remain consistent so I can begin wrapping up demon lord plots and all the stuff in between. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment